Busy In Bangkok

March 1st, 2006 - Wednesday

There will be little updates for the duration I am here. Internet usage is limited to twenty minutes per time. There is no detectable WiFi signal. It is practically lectures from nine to five everyday. The weather here is humid. Mosquitoes are plenty. The Malaysian team will be presenting a review of today’s lectures tomorrow. I was selected to do the presentation. Each of us also have to do individual reports on the lectures everyday. It may seem like a lot of work but we are learning a lot of new things everyday from Independent Living leaders who have successfully implemented Independent Living projects in their areas. Shoji Nakanishi, the Father of Asian Independent Living and Muhammad Shafiq from Pakistan are the overseas resource persons. We also have Independent Living leaders from Thailand, namely Topong Kulkhancit, Terayudth Sukolhavit and Udomhook Choorat to share with us their success stories.

Blogged at Asia-Pacific Development Centre on Disability, Bangkok

9 Responses to “Busy In Bangkok”

1. JoMel says:

Nice to hear from you, safe and sound in Bangkok! Enjoy your stay there yeah.

Peter:
    Too busy studying to enjoy but thanks anyway.

2. Cindreak says:

Hi Peter,

I thank you for your blog. I stumbled on it while googling and it has given me more hope than I could have wished for on a day like today. I was diagnosed with Benign Intrcrannial Hypertension in November 2003 and since then my life has been a series of complications. And in these recent days, I’ve been looking for something, anything, that would give me a little hope on how to carry on. I thank you. I wish you all the best and please keep blogging.

Peter:
    I was writing about my life but if it did help you just a little, I am glad that my writing was not in vain. We can contiue to communicate through private mail after this if you wish. All the best.

3. Elaine says:

hey petes!!

in reference to cindreak’s comment, see, ur blog really encourages & inspires many who stumbles upon it, pwd’s or able-bodied alike.. like meeee.. hahaha.. it really tells the world that life doesnt end when disability creeps in.. keep up ur positive outlook (which i truly admire).. keep on making a difference in the lives of others.. most importantly, DONT STOP INSPIRING!!

gambate, peter san!! =D

Peter:
    Thank you for your nice words. Look at yourself. You are an inspiration too.

4. foodcrazee says:

Truly inspiring…..u have really done good for the community. We are all learning from ur +ve approach to most thingy except maybe food – poor you. Makan lebih sikit bang oi!

Peter:
    I have not actually started anything yet but I will when I get back and I hope you will give me the support to make what I am doing a success.

5. matakecik says:

weiii…. how are you? Be good and come back soon!

Peter:
    March 18 soon enough?

6. marita paige says:

You busy, busy Koko, you. *HUGS*

Peter:
    *HUGS*

7. JKristeva says:

Hi Peter,

I’ve been reading your blog for a while now, but it’s the first time I’m leaving a message.
    I don’t know what else I could say that hasn’t already been said by your thousands of supporters out there. I could tell you how you inspire me [which you do] even as an abled person. Or I could tell you how I can relate to you as like you, I believe that I am here for a purpose. But above all that, I choose to tell you how much you are treasured and loved as a person. Because for all that spiritual growth that you have done for us, it is time we, or at least it is time for ME, to warm your heart in return.

Peter:
    Thank you. It really warms my heart that you are touched by this blog.

8. JoMel says:

Grandpa, how are you doing? A one line update???

Peter:
    Your wish is my command.

9. [...] in 2005 to conduct the Independent Living Workshop. Hiro and I have met several times in Tokyo, Bangkok and here in Malaysia for related activities. This was Aichan’s second trip to [...]