The Beautiful Things About Friendship

March 18th, 2005 - Friday

Photo by Wuan.

When you have a friend who after listening to your rants about your own impending mortality, dedicated a photo and a song in her blog to you so you would not feel gloomy and even willing to do a one hour monologue trying to cheer you up, you know you have a friend you can rely on. The beautiful thing about this is that we have met only once.

When you have a friend who after attending a concert in Singapore and heard a song that reminded her of you and your mother, blogged about it, shared the lyrics and song, and brought tears to your eyes, you know you have a friend who has you in her mind often. The beautiful thing about this is that we have met only once also.

When you have a friend who after listening to you talk about your life’s struggles, cleverly crafted a poem impromptu, posted it in her blog and thanked you for inspiring her and taught her not to take what she has for granted but be grateful for all the blessings that have been showered on her, you know you have a friend who appreciates you. The beautiful thing about this is that we have not even met in real life.

12 Responses to “The Beautiful Things About Friendship”

1. Shan says:

Gosh, you have some amazing friends there. I only wish I could say the same. That is so sweet.

Shan,
    Yes, I have been blessed with very caring friends. They are the few of many.

3. Marita Paige says:

Peter, it is my honour to be your friend. Some friendships are truly special gifts, expressed posted with a blessing from up above. I’d like to think that ours is one of these. It always cheers me up to see the words “petertan is online”. Sometimes when it’s a specially bad day, it’s the one silver lining that I can look forward to.

4. bkworm says:

Peter,
    Your friendship has taught me more than you will ever know. And I do so look forward to the day when we are not only friends ‘online’ but in real life as well.

5. sweetspirit says:

Peter
    Friends r like flowers in the garden of love,
    tcz

Marita,
    Thank you for being a friend and more.

Bkworm,
    I look forward to that day too. Thank you.

Sweetspirit,
    True. And mine are mostly fragrant. :)

7. KODA says:

Your poetry moves me…it’s so lovely and evokes the very scents and passions…
    This is my blog if u want to have a peek…
    Take care! Koda

Koda,
    If you are referring to the poem linked from this entry, it was written by Bkworm, not me.

9. Cindy says:

A salute to you, Peter…to bloom and shine; to live life fully in spite of overwhelming challenges!! – that is the indomitable spirit of the human spirit to overcome any obstacles and hardships and reveals the measure of one’s success! I love the touching poem about you by Bkworm as whenever life gives us lemons we make the best lemonade…to the best of our ability!

Thank you for the reminder…You must have inspired bkworm a lot and by your great style of writing, now I know why! :)

Wishing you much happiness,
    Cindy

Cindy,
    I tell my story as it is and if that inspired others, I am truly grateful for that opportunity. Thank you.

11. Chet says:

See, Peter? Your blog also uplifts other people. Keep blogging what you care about.

Chet,
    I will try. Thank you. :)